Ideas & Inspiration for Challenger Deep by Neal Schusterman
Caden Bosch is on a ship that's headed for the deepest point on Earth: Challenger Deep, the southern part of the Marianas Trench.
Caden Bosch is a brilliant high school student whose friends are starting to notice his odd behavior.
Caden Bosch is designated the ship's artist in residence, to document the journey with images.
Caden Bosch pretends to join the school track team but spends his days walking for miles, absorbed by the thoughts in his head.
Caden Bosch is split between his allegiance to the captain and the allure of mutiny.
Caden Bosch is torn.
A captivating and powerful novel that lingers long beyond the last page, Challenger Deep is a heartfelt tour de force by one of today's most admired writers for teens.
Title-specific resources for your Book to Art Club:
Awards & Honors:
- National Book Award Winner
- National Book Award Finalist
- A Top 10 book on YALSA’s 2016 Best Fiction for Young Adults list
- Boston Globe/Horn Book Honor Book
- Horn Book Fanfare Best Book of the Year
- Kirkus Best Book of the Year
- Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
- New York Public Library Best Book of the Year for Teens
- Chicago Public Library Best Teen Book of the Year
- ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults nominee
- Bookpage Best Teen Book of the Year
- 2017 Abraham Lincoln Award Nominee
About the suggested projects:
Through the perspective of the main character, this tale features nautical influences like pirates, ships, parrots, maps, and drawings.