Ideas & Inspiration for The Power
From the publisher’s website:
What would happen if women suddenly possessed a fierce new power?
In THE POWER, the world is a recognizable place: there’s a rich Nigerian boy who lounges around the family pool; a foster kid whose religious parents hide their true nature; an ambitious American politician; a tough London girl from a tricky family. But then a vital new force takes root and flourishes, causing their lives to converge with devastating effect. Teenage girls now have immense physical power–they can cause agonizing pain and even death. And, with this small twist of nature, the world drastically resets.
From award-winning author Naomi Alderman, THE POWER is speculative fiction at its most ambitious and provocative, at once taking us on a thrilling journey to an alternate reality, and exposing our own world in bold and surprising ways.
Title-specific resources for your Book to Art Club:
- The Power book discussion questions from LitLovers.com
- Washington Post Review
- Vogue Review
- The Power Pinterest board
- One of the New York Times‘s Ten Best Books of 2017
- A Los Angeles Times Best Book of 2017
- One of President Obama’s favorite reads of 2017
- Winner of the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction
- A San Francisco Chronicle Best Book of 2017
- A Paste Magazine Best Novel of 2017
- A Bustle Best Book of 2017
- One of Entertainment Weekly‘s Ten Best Books of 2017
- An NPR Best Book of 2017
- One of the Washington Post‘s Ten Best Books of 2017
About the suggested projects:
Create collages or portraits of powerful women or with inspiring quotes. Make your own relics of women depicting their skein with clay.